Plone4ArtistsVideo (was: ATGoogleVideo Plone 3 compatibility patch)

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Wed May 23 03:39:43 UTC 2007

Hi Hector,

You may want to consider using Plone4ArtistsVideo which includes
p4a.videoembed. Thanks to Alec Mitchell (cc'ed), p4a.videoembed lets you add
videos from Google Video, YouTube, blip.tv and about a dozen other video
sharing sites. See the README here:
http://plone4artists.org/svn/projects/p4a.videoembed/trunk/README.txt

p4a.videoembed can be used in a pure Zope 3 environment, and with the
addition of the p4a.plonevideoembed wrapper, it can be used in Plone as
well.  When you download Plone4ArtistsVideo, it comes with both of these
python libraries. http://plone4artists.org/products/plone4artistsvideo

You add a linked video to your Plone site, by adding a normal ATLink object,
and pasting in the URL from Google Video, YouTube, etc.  After you have
added the video, you choose 'activate video link' from the 'actions' menu.
The normal Link view will turn into a embedded video view with the player
rendered in the browser.

Nate

Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
http://www.jazkarta.com
Plone solutions, consulting and development