Plone4Artists / multimedia sprint in Boston - July 18-23, 2007

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Sun May 20 19:24:44 UTC 2007

I'm pleased to announce the first ever Plone sprint in Boston will be
held on July 18-23, 2007!
Thanks to our sponsor, the Christian Science Monitor, for providing
the space in which to hold the sprint. We are very fortunate to have
the use of these facilities in such a beautiful space in the heart of
Boston's Back Bay neighborhood!

Get more info and register on the sprint page:
http://plone.org/events/sprints/plone4artists

The theme for the sprint is to further improve the Plone4Artists
suite of products (see http://plone4artists.org), focusing primarily
on improved handling of multimedia content within Plone.

Proposed topics
----------------------
- application of Zope 3 component architecture to building products
for Plone
- handling of multimedia files within Plone (audio, video, images)
- embedding externally hosted multimedia content in a Plone site
- podcasting and vodcasting
- large file handling
- bulk uploading using WebDAV, Flash, Java, Zip
- calendaring incl. iCalendar import/export, recurring events
- tagging, commenting, rating of multimedia (or any) content
- and more...!

Not just for coders!
-------------------------
You don't have to be a coder in order to contribute/benefit at the
sprint. There's also a need for persons to write documentation, make
screencasts, test the software and share ideas! You are very welcome
to come and learn more about the Plone development process and share
your experiences as a user and integrator.

Optional training
-----------------------
Sprinters have an opportunity to receive two days of training
immediately preceding the sprint (July 16-17): "Zope 3 Training for
Plone Developers" conducted by Rocky Burt, a leading Zope 3 expert,
Plone framework team member, contributor to the popular book "Web
Component Development with Zope 3", and main developer of the
Plone4Artists suite of products. Get more info and register today to
reserve your spot!
http://plone.org/events/training/zope-3-in-plone

Seeking additional sponsors
---------------------------------------
Please consider showing your support by contributing financially.
Sponsoring the sprint will help to cover costs for the sprinting or
for participants' costs getting there. Sponsoring Plone sprints is
one of the best ways to contribute to Plone's development if you dont
have the skills/time do the work yourself.	http://plone.org/events/
sprints/plone4artists/sponsors/

Hope to see you in Boston!

thanks,