Now is a great time to test/update your Products for Plone 3!

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Mon May 7 17:10:42 UTC 2007

Dear Amazing Add-on Product Developers-

Plone 3.0 is now in beta 3, which is slated to be the final beta before Release Candidate 1.  The dev team says that should be no more changes to the plumbing.  That means that now is a great time to start testing and updating add-on products for Plone 3.0.

Alex Limi, Martin Aspeli, Geir Bækholt, and Sisi Nutt  have put together a comprehensive guide to upgrading Plone, which contains a section specifically about updating products for Plone 3.0:

http://plone.org/documentation/manual/upgrade-guide/version/2.5-3.0/products

If you own or maintain a product (or just depend on one!), you should:

*	Download Plone 3.0 beta 3
*	Install your add-on products
*	Run their unit tests (if they have them!)
*	Note any errors
*	Try to fix the errors, using the upgrade guide above
*	Report errors to the product author (if it's not you)
*	Make new releases (if necessary)
*	Update your product's entry in plone.org/products to indicate 3.0 compatibility (or lack thereof)

The adoption curve for Plone 3.0 is going to be much, much smoother if we step up and look at our add-on products now, rather than two weeks after Plone 3.0 goes final. :-)

best,
jon

Jon Stahl
Program Manager
ONE/Northwest
www.onenw.org <http://www.onenw.org/>
jon at onenw.org
206-286-1235x15

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup <http://www.onenw.org/full_signup>  <http://www.onenw.org/>

My blog: http://blogs.onenw.org/jon <http://blogs.onenw.org/jon>