[Product Developers] on Plone products for newspapers

Héctor Velarde hvelarde at jornada.com.mx
Fri Mar 30 21:13:40 UTC 2007

Timo:

this is really interesting and of course we would like to collaborate
with you; it seems to me that you are going to face the same issues we had.

the only thing I would like you to note is the huge importance of using
IPTC XML formats for the storing and exchanging of news objects. this is
a key subject to the project and the only way to broad the audience.

please take a look at the IPTC News Architecture in:
http://www.iptc.org/NAR/

we, for example, use QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign instead of Scribus.
we have developed a couple of filters to convert from each format to
NITF using heuristics. for you it would be easier to write such a filter
because Scribus file format is open.

are there other people working with you on the project?

best regards

Héctor Velarde
Desarrollo e Internet
La Jornada