[Product Developers] marshaling images in a better way

Kai Diefenbach usenet at diefenba.ch
Sat Mar 24 09:48:28 UTC 2007

Hello Héctor,

next month, I'll start with a project for a big newspaper in Sambia. So
ideas around newspapers regarding cms (use-cases, processes, etc.) are
interesting for me in general.

Héctor Velarde <hvelarde at jornada.com.mx> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to modify the marshaling of ATImage
> content type in order to allow it to read the IPTC record embedded in
> the image to create automatically the image with title and description
> mapping the headline and caption fields.

This sounds very cool and as Jon stated, this could be of interest for
Plone in general.

I'll implement this as Rob suggested. I'm very busy at the moment but
I'll try to provide a first prototye in the next few days.

> at the end of the day what I want is a mechanism to import not only
> images but also NITF files (XML dialect used to define the content and
> structure of news articles also developed by the IPTC,
> http://www.nitf.org/).

I do not know anything about that yet, I'm sure this is interesting for
me and my customer, too.

Best regards
Kai