[Product Developers] New mailing list: Product Developers

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sun Mar 11 00:51:03 UTC 2007

Introducing a new mailing list:

product-developers at lists.plone.org

A list for add-on product developers to get help with their
Collective-hosted products - updates to newer Plone versions,
migrations and general questions about Plone add-on development.

Making the third-party add-on product space higher quality and more
robust is a priority for the Plone community, and the goal is that
this list can be sort of a Plone Developer List "Light" — a more
focused area for the people who maintain Plone products to ask their
questions, get advice on updating and future-proofing their
applications, and generally get good advice from the people involved
in the core development of Plone.

Currently, these people either have to post to plone-users (which is
not optimal) or plone-dev (which is certainly not optimal).

I encourage all the people that want to help out our product
developers to join this list, as well as all developers who have
projects in the Collective.

Remember, when a third-party product breaks, doesn't work with the
latest version of Plone or is otherwise making the Plone experience
ugly, Plone's reputation suffers too. Help us help our fantastic
third-party product developers!

Our aim is to get most products ready for Plone 3.0 after the first
beta is out, and this list will be the best place to get help with
updating your product if you are a product developer.

(The list is also syndicated in Gmane as
gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.product-developers once it has been approved
by the Gmane moderators.)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net