ANN: plone.recipe.deliverance

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Thu Jun 14 21:25:55 UTC 2007

On 6/14/07, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
> On OS X at least, what you get with "easy_install lxml" segfaults
> Deliverance, which is why I had to build those two libraries in a
> sandbox and use (DY)LD_LIBRARY_PATH as an environment variable.

The Windows binary has been compiled statically, so it should not
depend on any environment or conflict with anything.

> Note that this is set using a (generated) wrapper shell script
> (bin/deliverance), not a console script with setuptools, so it's
> non-portable. Again, I couldn't get it to work with os.putenv() and
> os.execle(), but if someone can make that work, I'd be much more happy
> with that approach.

What about using the subprocess module?

Here's one example that I have here (from a unittest):

            null = open(os.devnull, 'w') # sys.stderr
            env = {'XAPIAN_STORE_DIR': self.tmp_dir,
                   'XAPIAN_STORE_KEEP_DIR': 'yep',
                   'XAPIAN_STRESS_ITERS': '100'}
            cmd = [sys.executable, 'setup.py', 'test', '-s',
                   'enfold.xapian.tests.test_results.MultiThreadTestCase']
            retcode = subprocess.call(cmd, stdout=null, stderr=null, env=env)
            self.assertEquals(retcode, 0)

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214