navigation dissappears on empty folder workaround?

Tim Tisdall tisdaltn at mcmaster.ca
Wed Jun 13 20:00:48 UTC 2007

   Okay, I've looked through the SVN trunk again and found the following:

        folderish = getattr(aq_base(context), 'isPrincipiaFolderish',
False) and not INonStructuralFolder.providedBy(context)

        if folderish:
            return '/'.join(context.getPhysicalPath())
        else:
            return '/'.join(aq_parent(context).getPhysicalPath())

   This is good, but how could I also include the case when the folder is
empty?  Or does the INonStructuralFolder account for this too?  For example,
you'd probably want to list subfolder/subtopics in a smart folder when they
exist, but if they don't exist I'd like to display the parent folder instead
of nothing.  Displaying an empty navigation doesn't seem particularly
useful.

   -Tim