PlonePAS and MutablePropertySheet

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Tue Jun 12 10:50:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

>> I'm working on incorporating some additions to the SQLPASPlugin that
>> we're using here, which allow it to work with plain PAS, and also
>> provide generic setup support etc...
>>
>> There's one item that is preventing this from working "as planned": the
>> way the PropertyProvider plugin returns a property sheet rather than
>> just a dict of data (plain PAS explicitly requires the plugin to return
>> a dict).
>
> Why is that? That sounds like a PAS bug.

There was some discussion here before:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-pas/2006-April/000507.html

It would seem to be a large change to specify a different interface,
though I would happily argue for it/contribute if there were some support.

>> I think this can be avoided if the sheet type is determined in the
>> userfactory plugin (PlonePAS/plugins/ufactory.py) rather than directly
>> in the plugin.
>
> That is certainly the wrong approach. User factories do not know
> anything about properties and should not know anything about them.

The user factory plugin is where the we get to customise the sort of
propertysheet to add: indeed, it seems that is one of the reasons why
PlonePAS provides it's own userfactory plugin.

I agree that the user factory should not know anything about properties,
but I don't see that the change introduces anything property-specific.

Miles