SQLPASPlugin

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Fri Jun 8 13:16:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

>> As I already have this working with only very minor changes to the
>> current source, is this something I can contribute?  The plone-specific
>> pieces all look easily extracted to a separate package (at the moment I
>> just commented them out).
>
> Considering PAS doesn't really do updating of properties I'm wondering
> how you mananged to do that.

You are correct that actually making PAS call through to the plugin is
still a missing piece in standard PAS - I achieved this in a separate
tool that got the relevant plugins from the registry.  However, with
small changes this approach is viable with standard PAS, without needing
to install all of Plone.

>>    - additional data type 'unix_time' converting a seconds-since-1970 int
>> value into a datetime (and back again when setting);
>
> That probably needs to be timezone aware if it isn't already.

Good point.

> Or: request access to the collective and commit this in a SQLPASPlugin
> branch directly.

Will do.

Thanks