Product-Developers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Jun 7 02:36:52 UTC 2007

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 05:15:31 -0700, Charles Pace
<chuckpace at gmail.com> wrote:

> In addition,
> while we will own the work product, we don't mind if he developer
> wishes to reuse the work product - even creating an open source
> version.

Just be a bit careful with using this line of reasoning to get "service on
the cheap". Releasing something as open source is *more* work, not less.

I'm not saying you necessarily have this attitude or meant it to sound
like that, but there's a lot of people that use this as an attempt to get
a reduction in the total development cost. Not trying to sound mean, just
making sure you know what open source is about. :)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net