Plone/SQLAlch/Python Contract

Charles Pace chuckpace at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:59:39 UTC 2007

I am looking to have both of these items complete in the next week.

Prior Art Search (~$1.5k)
------------------------------------

Create a python application that will walk a web site with
bibliographic data, gathering author names. These names and their
papers' names will be stored in a couple of DBMS tables. Application
will keep track of how often it has crawled and extracted data from
these web sites. When the web sites change (date/diff) they will be
crawled again and new information will be added to the database tables
(and timestamp noted in table entries).

A second application will take the authors' names and search the
USPTO.gov patent database for these authors and retrieve possible
patent entries associated with those authors and store these entries
in a table.

A GUI will be used to list the authors and their respective
papers/patents. A 5-star rating will be used to rate the "match"
through user input. Additionally, a button will be used by the user to
indicate a mismatch.

The USPTO queries will be performed on a schedule, and redundant
information will be suppressed from database insertion.

All code is to be written in Python in the Plone framework, and
database operations should all use SQLAlchemy.

Small DBMS Example (~$1.0k)
------------------------------------

Take create statements for five tables and create the ArchGenXML UML
diagram. From this, use the Archetype tools to generate the Plone
product for this UML. As a final step, create the SQLAlchemy code to
back the product content to a postgress DB with the same tables you
started with.

In other words, we would like to have a Plone product for a set of
tables that is generated from a UML diagram, and then backed by the
same tables using SQLAlchemy.

We would then be able to change the UML and re-generate the Plone
product - resulting in another ZODB backed set of objects. And, after
having the first SQLAlchemy mapping, we would then be able to more
easily change the ZODB over to SQLAlchemy/Postgress.