CacheFu UnicodeDecodeError

Héctor Velarde hvelarde at jornada.com.mx
Wed Jul 11 21:38:41 UTC 2007

I am preparing a new site on Plone 2.5 and I get the following error on
modifying author's name to one including extended chars (i.e. "María").

Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
   Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 195, in _exec
   Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 50, in FSPT_pt_render
   Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 116, in PT_pt_render
    - <FSPageTemplate at /ciencias/newsitem_view used for
/ciencias/Members/luisg/articulos/la-despenalizacion-del-aborto-en-el-distrito-federal-algunas-consideraciones>
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 238, in __call__
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 310, in do_startEndTag
   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 356, in do_startTag
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 47:
ordinal not in range(128)

where do I have to find the CacheFu patch of pt_render in order to try
to fix it?

already reported in http://plone.org/products/cachefu/issues/85