zcml not being loaded in buildout for Vice

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at gatech.edu
Tue Jul 10 18:52:30 UTC 2007

[I apologize to those who receive duplicates of this message - I
mistakenly posted to z3base.five first]

 > The buildout at http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/review/vice seems
to work fine. I can

 > svn co https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/vice
 > cd vice
 > python bootstrap.py
 > bin/buildout
 > bin/instance test -m plone.syndication.outbound
 >
 > The tests fail, but that's mostly expected. The problem is that the
third test fails because it can't find an adapter. The test should fail
for another reason, further down the line.

 > It can't find the adapter because:
 >
 > plone.syndication.outbound/plone/syndication/outbound/configure.zcml
 >
 > is not being loaded.
 >
 > Funny thing is, the zcml loads fine when I do it directly in Zope
2.10.4, manually adding Plone 3b3 and the Vice packages without a buildout.

 > It also loads when I do a
 >
 > bin/instance fg
 >
 > I've inspected the namespace packages' __init__.py files. I've looked
at the buildout zcml configuration. And I've inspected the dev-eggs to
make sure they look ok. Anyone have any ideas?