[Product-Developers] PyPI support in PloneSoftwareCenter

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 15:46:08 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have create a branch for PSC that supports PyPI commands, from Sidnei's
work two years ago, with the current trunk, with a few enhancements.

current features:
  - added a "simple" view so easy_install can browse a PloneSoftwareCenter
to get final releases
  - when an egg is registered or uploaded, a project and a corresponding
release is created or updated
     with releases.

This allows PSC to  act like PyPI.

I have to finish some work:
 - on classifiers so PSC can respond to the --list-classifiers call
 - on release plaftorm attribute, so it is automatically set to the right
value depending on the file received

I would like to merge my work on the trunk and continue there if everyone
agrees.

My next step on this will be to provide a public PSC with the current trunk
for feedback,
and a script that will upload there all eggs needed to build a plone 3
instance.

FYI, I am also working on two other things that will help us use PSC and the
Cheeseshop smoothly:

- an enhanced version or "register" and "upload" command, that will allow
having a .pypirc with several servers in it. The goal is to be able to
register/upload packages to several servers at once.

- some changes on PyPI itself, because it is acting buggy right now. The
final goal is to be able to have
different trove classifiers for each servers.

Cheers

Tarek