[Product-Developers] What is the purpose of this list?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Dec 26 13:43:30 UTC 2007

Thanks for the clarification. Plone has such a great community!

Just an aside, but I still ask lots of questions on the users list, and
I learn a lot there. Most of the answers center around using the ZMI to
make changes to a site, and it is sometimes hard to get
product-development related answers (e.g. the question is answered, so
the proof is left up to the student....people have busy lives and can't
always re-answer a question that has rolled down the list...not a
complaint, just an observation). So, I was excited to find this list, so
I could target my questions a little better. Maybe 3 lists - users, ZMI
focused, and a product development list?

Yes, Martin, my plan is to get up to speed enough to help and contribute
back to plone.....I was just getting the hang of Install.py, and
Products in general, and then the GenericSetup came along and there is
yet another mountain to climb! So, I need another project to get my feet
wet with GenericSetup, and then I may be ready. ;-)

Thanks again...Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and best wishes
for the upcoming New Year!!

Cheers!

Mark