[Product-Developers] adding new fields to catalog and search for them in Smart Folders

Jon Baldivieso jonb at onenw.org
Wed Dec 26 03:05:44 UTC 2007

On Dec 25, 2007, at 5:58 PM, Héctor Velarde wrote:

> 1. I need this new fields to be searchable, so I added a value of 1
> to that attribute in my schema; do I have to explicitly add an
> index type to it also? I was checking archetypes fields reference
> and it's not clear for me

Hola Héctor -- My understanding is that the AT "searchable" field
simply adds this field to the larger "SearchableText" index, which is
a concatenation of various standard (and possibly some custom)
fields.  You might want to do that, but you probably need separate
indexes for each field if they'll need to be searched on their own
(say, in Smart Folders).

Jon