[Product-Developers] Re: ZPL and GPL: What should one consider when choosing a license?

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Sat Dec 22 00:59:22 UTC 2007

David Pratt <fairwinds at eastlink.ca> writes:

> In relation to Chris's post, my understanding of the Zope repository
> is that a committer is required to sign an agreement with Zope Corp or
> ZF. This requires the code to be licensed as ZPL with 50% of
> intellectual rights to Zope Corp or ZF. Hope this helps.

And if we set up a licensing howto, it could also say something like,
"If your code is on svn.zope.org then it *has* to be ZPL due to the
contributor agreement you signed, dumbass!"  :) I'll be fixing the
licensing on my svn.zope.org projects as soon as I can carve out the
time.  Thanks for the heads up.

Ross