[Product-Developers] making a product with buildout and paster

swank craig_swank at nrel.gov
Thu Dec 20 17:33:18 UTC 2007

Hello,
I am trying to follow an example in Martin Aspeli's "Professional Plone
Development" book.  According to the book, after the paster command:

paster create -t plone name.product

you should have the following in the src/name.product/name/productcontent
directory:
__init.py
browser/
config.py
configure.zcml
content/
interfaces.py
portlets/
profiles/
README.txt
tests/
version.txt

When I follow the example I get:
__init__.py
configure.zcml
tests.py

I could easily create the directories and blank files for the missing items.
I would just like to know, though, if I am missing out on some generated
code.  There is a lot of typing to do to create a product using a buildout,
it seems.  I just want to know if something might be wrong with my paster
that is depriving me of precious generated code.