[Product-Developers] Re: extending News Items with schemaextender in Plone 2.5

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Dec 19 16:18:38 UTC 2007

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Héctor Velarde wrote:
>> Radim Novotny wrote:
>>> There is AT 1.4 schema extender support branch:
>>> http://dev.plone.org/archetypes/browser/Archetypes/branches/1.4-schemaextender-support
>> thanks, Radim! works like a charm...
>>
>> it would be great to merge this on trunk ;-)
>
> Trunk is targeted for Plone 4.0 and already has that. If you mean the
> 1.4 branch as used in Plone 2.5 I'm against doing that, for two reasons:
> it introduces a new feature in a maintenance branch, and that branch is
> incomplete: it needs to fix a lot of places where .schema is used
> instead of the Schema method.

It cannot be merged into the 1.4 branch, because we can't do something
so invasive in a maintenance branch.

There's nothing stopping you from using the rogue branch, of course, but
the only release that has ISchema adapter support (which is what
archetypes.schemaextender needs) is 1.5 and later, which target Plone 3.

Martin