[Product-Developers] Re: extending News Items with schemaextender in Plone 2.5

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Dec 19 08:42:49 UTC 2007

Previously Héctor Velarde wrote:
> Radim Novotny wrote:
> >There is AT 1.4 schema extender support branch:
> >http://dev.plone.org/archetypes/browser/Archetypes/branches/1.4-schemaextender-support
>
> thanks, Radim! works like a charm...
>
> it would be great to merge this on trunk ;-)

Trunk is targeted for Plone 4.0 and already has that. If you mean the
1.4 branch as used in Plone 2.5 I'm against doing that, for two reasons:
it introduces a new feature in a maintenance branch, and that branch is
incomplete: it needs to fix a lot of places where .schema is used
instead of the Schema method.

Wichert.