[Product-Developers] Re: [Plone3/Navigation] creating a new navigation root

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Mon Dec 17 16:50:45 UTC 2007

Andreas Jung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> during a workshop with a potential customer we came across the question
> if it would be possible to make a custom folder the root for the
> navigation.
> This means: the horizontal tabs and the navigation should be displayed
> as the current folder would be the Plone root. What would be the Plone 3
> way to approach this problem?
>
> Tnx,
> Andreas

Andreas,

Adding the interface
Products.CMFPlone.browser.interfaces.INavigationRoot to a folder will
make the navigation portlet and the tabs start from that folder level.

I haven't looked at it since Plone 2.5, but it worked pretty well. I
just had to make a few tweaks to the site map link and the top folder of
the navigation portlet. (See
https://weblion.psu.edu/trac/weblion/wiki/MakeAsubfolderAnavigationRoot
for details.)

Hope that helps,