New skin installs but remains in "Products available for install"

Carsten Senger senger at bag-shi.de
Wed Dec 5 14:16:03 UTC 2007

Hi David,

David Bain schrieb:
> Working on a Plone 3 skin. After installing it (using quickinstaller),
> it remains in the "Products available for install" but shows up as an
> installed theme. The issue is specific to my new theme, I tried
> installing the NuPlone Theme and that shows up in "Products installed".
>
> What might be causing this issue?

i had the same problem. In my case the kupu genericsetup-importhandler threw and
exception and gs/quickinstaller (or something in between) catched the exception.
Parts of the configurationdata in profiles/default where imported. The Product
remained as installable.

Iirc I could see the Exceptions with bin/instance|zopectl fg.

..Carsten

--
BAG-SHI - Bundesarbeitsgemeinschaft der Erwerbslosen- und Sozialhilfeinitiativen
e.V. - Geschäftsstelle - Frankfurt/Main