Adding ATTopic to ArguUML/ArchGenXML product.

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Tue Dec 4 07:19:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007, Larry Pitcher wrote:
>Bill Campbell wrote:
>>I've run into a wall trying to add ATTopic (aka Smart Folder or
>>Composition) to a Plone 2.5.3 product I'm building, largely as an exercise
>>to get more familiar with the process.
>>
>>I've added a <<stub>> class, ATTopic, and have it as an aggregation under a
>>class.  It appears in the allowed_content_types as I would expect, but
>>doesn't appear under ``add item''.
>>
>>I tried adding an ``include_from'' tagged item, but that didn't work.  I
>>also tried adding an explict include.*from in the code-section module-
>>header in the config.py file and in the class file itself, but so far I
>>haven't found anything that works.  The statement is:
>>
>>>from Products.ATContentTypes.content.topic import ATTopic
>>
>>Running this in foreground doesn't show any errors.
>>
>>	python-2.4.4
>>	zope-2.9.7
>>	plone-2.5.3
>>	ArgoUML-0.24
>>	ArchGenXML-1.5.2
>>
>>Bill
>>--
>
>Bill,
>
>Try calling your <<stub>> class "Topic" or "Collection". I haven't used
>this one myself, but AGX seems to like the content type's "Title"
>instead of its "id". In portal_types the type is called
>"Topic(Collection)" so I'm not sure which one is going to work for you.
>Just give it a try...

Looking at the generated source, it appears to be fine as the class's
allowed_content_types includes 'ATTopic' as the last entry:

##code-section module-header #fill in your manual code here
from Products.ATContentTypes.content.topic import ATTopic
##/code-section module-header

class ...

    allowed_content_types = ['CSFileBox', 'CSRequest', 'ATTopic']
    filter_content_types = 1

The first two allowed_content_types are defined in my product and work
properly.

Bill

Fix reason firmly in her seat and call to her tribunal every fact,
every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God;
because, if there is one, he must more approve of the homage of
reason, than that of blindfolded fear.  --Thomas Jefferson