custom short name not respected when an object is first saved

grahamperrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 14:40:07 UTC 2007

A problem with short names of objects, I wonder whether it's a conflict with
a product.

When I add an object (say, a page or a folder) I specify a short name; but
whatever I enter is ignored; a default short name is given.

I can subsequently change the short name.

1) Re the date-sorted list at <http://paste.plone.org/18279> (from a ZMI
view of products most recently installed) which product, if any, might you
expect to cause a short name issue such as this?

or

2) How should I debug?*

TIA for any thoughts.

Graham

----

* To date I have never run Plone in anything other than production mode. I
may need someone to walk me through it gently, or point me towards the
kindest on-line introduction.

In zope.conf I see

# debug-mode on

and further down,

#     of logging detail to capture for this logger.  The default level
#     is INFO.  Level may be any of "CRITICAL", 'ERROR", WARN", "INFO",
#     "DEBUG", and "ALL".  Each logger section may additionally contain

but I don't want to rush into that if it's not the best approach.

----

Plone 3.0.3
CMF-2.1.0
Zope (Zope 2.10.5-final, python 2.4.4, darwin)
Python 2.4.4 (#1, Nov 17 2007, 13:42:26) [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
build 5332)]
PIL 1.1.6