How do I create a new role in code?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sun Dec 2 19:12:36 UTC 2007

Thanks for your speedy response! I am using plone 2.5.2 and zope 2.9.7
on Linux.

I have been using Cooper's book (Building Websites with Plone) as a
guide and I am close to finishing the whole product. Although Generic
setup looks like it may be easier, I am already down the learning curve
path with Cooper's book and I am 90% done, so I don't want to switch
development methodologies now.

Any suggestions on how I add the role to the security tab, as if I were
using the ZMI? I checked the Docfinder tab for the Add Role part of the
Security tab, but there is nothing in the Docfinder that talks about
adding a role. I just need the API to finish this part of the project.

Thanks again!

Mark