What does plone.recipe.plone track?

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at gatech.edu
Fri Aug 31 12:28:57 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> plone.recipe.plone tracks what's in dist_plone at a time when the
> release is made. It should point to the Plone 3 products tarball, and
> all the eggs for 3.0 final, with fixed versions.
>
> The best way to peg it, is to do:
>
> [plone]
> recipe = plone.recipe.plone==3.0
>
> What are you seeing that makes you think otherwise?

Hmmmm. This may be difficult to reproduce. I have what I think is a
3.0-final buildout that has a defect
(http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7028). This defect causes the Vice
ftests to fail on my machine. They were also failing on pbugni's machine.

Yesterday, MatthewWilkes and ocq tried the Vice buildout and the ftests
did not fail. pbugni re-ran buildout with newest=true in his
buildout.cfg. After rerunning buildout and downloading some fresh eggs,
the ftests passed on his machine, also. The ftests still fail on my
machine, as I didn't refresh.

The options are (1) I don't really have 3.0-final on my machine or (2)
there is something strange with buildout + p.r.p. My assumption is that
#1 is more likely. How can I verify whether I have 3.0-final or, say,
3.0-rc2 on my machine?

Thanks,

Derek