Schema by Interface / Content Flavors

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Aug 30 19:53:49 UTC 2007

sirgarr wrote:
> Martin, Kapil, and all --
>
> What finally happened with the "schema-by-interface" plans for Archetypes
> and with content flavors?  I see a content flavors product on plone.org, but
> wondering if either of these did get built into Archetypes proper. Also I
> didn't fully understand the conversation back then, did content flavors end
> up making schema-by-interface unnecessary?

They're complementary.

schema-by-interface (or rather, schema-by-adapter-lookup) is supported
in AT 1.5. There is not-entirely-complete branch plone-3 of
ContentFlavors which makes use of this. The older plone-2.5 CF stuff
used a special mix-in class to achieve the same thing.

Martin

--
Acquisition is a jealous mistress