a good way to do user submissions

djay75 nabble at dylanjay.com
Wed Aug 29 22:48:40 UTC 2007

Some of my recent projects seem to be of the form letting users
vote/comment/create associations between things and I was wondering what
people thought was the best way to implement this using AGX. Let me give an
example.

Let's say I wanted to create plonestack.org, which lets users create the
list or stack of products they use for their in their sites along with the
reasons they use it.
You could model this as a Product class and a Stack class with a many to
many relationship and an association class which stores the comments for
each link.
You could also model this as Product, Stack and StackItem class instead of
using an association class.

AGX will turn this into plone objects is that the best way to go?

Stacks are created by users, so do they live in a StackFolder singleton or
live in member folders?

I would also want to add voting so I can see reports of the most popular
Products used. How would people implement that?

I know there is a submissions product but frankly it confuses me