Downloading libraries with buildout

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun Aug 26 12:49:05 UTC 2007

George Lee wrote:
> Martin Aspeli <optilude at ...> writes:
>
>> George Lee wrote:
>>> I want to set up my python/Zope/Plone environment to use
>>>
>>>   reportlab
>>>   renderPM (a reportlab add-on)
>>>   dateutil
>> If not, look for a recipe that handles them, e.g. one of the 'cmmi'
>> recpies - search on cheeseshop.python.org.
>
> The cmmi recipes work for configure/make/make install -- is there a recipe for
> simply expanding a .tar.gz and running "python setup.py install"?  I don't see
> one skimming through the cheeseshop.

Well, the egg mechanism is basically doing that for you - running
'setup.py install', so most likely you just want to add these as egg
dependencies. If they're hosted somewhere else, i.e. not in the cheese
shop, then you can give additional download locations using the
'find-links' options.

Martin

--
Acquisition is a jealous mistress