Currency management in Plone

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Fri Aug 24 08:24:50 UTC 2007

Previously Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > I just released version 1.0b1 of a new product: simplon.plone.currency.
> > This is a simple product for Plone 3 that allows you to manage different
> > currencies in your site: you can add and remove currencies and manage
> > their conversion rates. It includes a database with description and symbols
> > for all currencies as well.
> >
> > By itself this product is not very useful. It is intended to be used
> > as a component in products that need to use currencies in some way. If
> > anyone is working on such a product I would love to hear some feedback.
> >
> > You can find more information and a downloadable package in the
> > python package index:
> > http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/simplon.plone.currency/1.0b1
>
> I have looked at it briefly and wonder why you didn't reuse the currency
> information available in zope.i18n.locales?

Probably because it had not occured to me. I do notice that the symbol
information in zope.i18n.locales is incorrect for a large number of
currencies which makes it unusable at the moment. However it should
definitely be possible to pull the description for a currency from
there.

I'll see if using zope.i18n.locales is doable.

Wichert.