Plone 3.0 ftest failure with published folder and anonymous access

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at gatech.edu
Wed Aug 22 23:17:35 UTC 2007

Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Derek Richardson, on 2007-08-22:
>> This entire post is a doctest.
>
> Nice :)  I have one question and one remark which hopefully point you
> in the right direction.
>
>>      >>> location = self.folder
>
> What rights does Anonymous have on *this* folder?  On a live site it
> would be .../Members/some-user.  A folder placed in there might behave
> differently than a folder placed in the root of the site.

My experience in Plone is that things that are published are published, whether
in a user folder or not.

However, just in case, I changed 'self.folder' to 'self.portal', resulting in a
folder being created and published at:

http://nohost/plone/fubar/

Same error as before - the anonymous user receives a login page. :(

>> Just in case, let's commit to the ZODB.
>>
>>      >>> from transaction import get
>>      >>> get().commit()
>
> This has been deprecated and might not work anymore in 3.0.  Use:
>
>       >>> import transaction
>       >>> transaction.commit()

I made this change, as well, but the error still occurred.

Thanks for the feedback, Maurits! I wish it had solved the problem. Any more ideas?

Derek