Replacing the portal_syndication tool through migration

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at gatech.edu
Fri Aug 10 21:43:17 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> wichert wrote:
>> Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
>>> Maybe not, but look at e.g. Remember and how it mangles portal_setup.
>> GenericSetup handles it fine: it compares the types for the current tool
>> and the class you specify in toolset.xml. If they are different it
>> removes the old tool and puts a new one in its place.
>
> Ah, of course, I'd forgotten about toolset.xml. :)

OK, I'm going down the utility, instead of tool, path. I am working with
GenericSetup for the first time, so bear with me. I've created a
.../profiles/default/componentregistry.xml file that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<componentregistry>
   <adapters/>
   <utilities>
     <utility
       interface="plone.syndication.outbound.interfaces.IFeedSettings"
       factory="plone.syndication.outbound.feedsettings.FeedSettings"/>
   </utilities>
</componentregistry>

In my base configure.zcml, I've put:

     <gs:registerProfile
         name="default"
         title="Vice profile"
         directory="profiles/default"
         description=""
         provides="Products.GenericSetup.interfaces.EXTENSION"
         for="Products.CMFPlone.interfaces.IPloneSiteRoot"    />

Now, I want to run ftests that depend on gs to register the utility, rather than
registering it manually. But, when I run my ftests, I get a

ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
plone.syndication.outbound.interfaces.IFeedSettings>, '')

which means the registration isn't taking, I think. What do I have to do to get
a gs extension profile applied in an ftest?

Thanks,

Derek