Atompub for Plone?

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Aug 6 18:03:39 UTC 2007

Tom,

Have you seen Pete Lacey's appfs? Mounts an Atompub service on your
filesystem, which would seem to be ideal for blogging. This demonstrates
Atompub's potential as much as anything I've seen.

http://wanderingbarque.com/appfs/using_appfs.html

The interfaces seem obvious: IMember (with derived IEntry/IMedia),
ICollection, IService. So do the analogies to IContainer and IContained.
The Zope 3 publisher already supports HTTP PUT and DELETE, does it not?
It looks to me like the media/linking part of the protocol and
cataloging is where most of the complexity lies.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it to the conference
this year :(

Cheers,
Sean