Atompub for Plone?

Tim Hicks tim at sitefusion.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 15:24:32 UTC 2007

Sean Gillies wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone interested in collaborating on, or already working on, an
> Atompub implementation?
>
> I've got a toy service at http://zcologia.com/hammock/index.atom and
> would like to do such a thing for Zope and Plone. My specific use case
> is for geography or GIS (sketched out at
>
> http://zcologia.com/news/494/designing-simple-gis-services-for-zope/
>
> ), but I'm sure there's a lot of common ground that would be better
> served by a general purpose package.

Hi Sean,

I don't have the time or inclination to work on this myself, but I know
that Tom Lazar is very interested (cc'd in case he's not on this list).

As part of my SoC project, I've been working on remote blogging (which
Atom Publishing is an example of, if I'm not mistaken).  I have a
package in the collective that is intended to hold interfaces and
implementations for these sorts of things, and currently has that for
MetaWeblogAPI:
<http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/quills.remoteblogging/trunk/quills/remoteblogging>.
 Maybe that's of interest to you.

Tim