Problems developing and debugging Plone in Eclipse and Wing

Carnero javier at carnero.net
Mon Apr 30 17:26:59 UTC 2007

Hi, I am a beginner developing plone products and I have few cuestions about
IDEs:

- Eclipse:
1) I can run plone from exclipse, but when I put a breakpoint in one
product, then I start the eclipse debugger, plone starts, but never stops at
the breakpoint. In particular I have put a breakpoint in the install.py of
the InstantMessage product (Archetypes Manual at plone.org), then I've gone
to the add/remove products menu, but the debbuger haven't stopped. When I do
the same in Wingide the debugger stops the execution when i go to the
add/remove menu.

2) When I put something like "from Products." eclipse only show me the
products from python, but it autocompletes well when I put for example "from
CMFCore." .

-Wing:
3) When I create a new project and go to extension tab to enable zope
support, it doesn't install WingDGB, but WingDGB is it not installed in
plone.

4) When I modify files in a project, or I create new folders, changes don't
happens in my system, but they occur in the wing source browser.