auto-refresh'ing

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Wed Apr 11 07:21:28 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Juan Pablo Di Lelle <jdilelle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on a file-system product, using Plone 2.5.2 (universal
> installer -> ZEO + 2 clients).
> If I understand correctly, Zope's auto-refresh won't work anymore (I'm
> getting the 'Cache values may only be in one cache' error...). Is that
> correct?

Yes, refresh is broken. The original developer of the feature no
longer is part of the Zope community, and with the recent addition of
Five the refresh story has gotten to be very complex indeed. So far
noone has stepped forward to fix it.

I develop unit tests for my products and run those, but do restart my
Zope server a lot too. I use Wing IDE as my development environment,
which has excellent debugging capabilities, which eases the pain
somewhat.

--
Martijn Pieters