ReferenceBrowserWidget: Programatically setting a startup_directory

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Tue Apr 10 16:40:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using ReferenceBrowserWidget (1.7.1) on my Person object ("John Doe"
below) to allow people to link to Specialty object in a
SpecialtiesFolder. I'd like to be able to set startup_directory to be
the path to my SpecialtiesFolder (which I won't know the exact name of).

- "Directory" (FacultyStaffDirectory)
     - "Specialties" (SpecialtiesFolder)
         - "Some Specialty" (Specialty)
     - "John Doe" (Person)

Since, I don't know the name and can't hardcode a path, I've tried using
a method name as the value of startup_directory, but that's throwing an
AttributeError. Is there another/any way to do this?

Thanks,
Eric