[Plone Scandinavia] PløninPils?

John Washakie washakie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:32:03 UTC 2007

Hello all!

pløninPils sometime? Perhaps the Friday before Joel's bootcamp.

I am a new resident here in Oslo, so I am always looking for good
opportunities to socialize! I have a position with NILU, a research
foundation affiliated with the Environmental Research Alliance of
Norway.

In this new position I have been pushing hard that we use Plone for
various projects. While I was able to get it through for my own work,
I have not 'won over the institution' yet, though I feel there may be
an opportunity coming up! I'm pushing for it because I feel it is
truly a strong and flexible platform.

That being said, there is certainly an associated learning curve. In
particular, I feel this is true with respect to getting the site to
run efficiently (i.e. production mode, cacheing, etc. - things I'm
still just learning about). Anyway, I certainly hope to be able to
contribute and not just mooche, but this might take some time while I
'ramp up' on the new tools.

Regarding the language - so far I only speak English, but hey! A
little practice never hurt anyone... and there is always intertran ;)

Regards,
john

John Burkhart
www.polarcat.no