[Plone Scandinavia] Welcome!

Arnar Lundesgaard arnar.lundesgaard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 09:17:06 UTC 2007

On 4/25/07, Geir Bækholt · Plone Solutions <baekholt at plonesolutions.com> wrote:
> I have no idea who else is already subscribed to this list. Feel free
> to say hello.

Hi.

I am Arnar Lundesgaard and I work for Bouvet, a Norwegian consulting
house with just over 300 employees. My group works almost exclusively
on and with open source software. We are currently  6-8 developers,
depending on how you count, with some project managers, graphical
designers, interaction designers and senior advisers available when we
need them.

While we use Zope and CMF extensively, we have not gotten around to
using or deploying Plone ourselves. We have recommended it to some of
our clients though and it is one of the systems we are hoping to
adopt.

Our real platform is Topic Maps[1], a knowledge representation
standard designed for interchange that has become quite popular here
in Norway. (Topic Maps are similar to RDF but has some other
properties that we find appealing.)

We are hoping for an opportunity to make Topic Maps available through
Plone in some way, but "vanilla" Plone is also interesting as a
platform on its own.

[1] http://isotopicmaps.org/

> Opening discussion:
> What language preferences do we have for the plone-scandinavia-list?
> does this forum cover Finland/Iceland too, so we should keep it in
> English, or should we aim to keep it in Norwegian/Swedisn/Danish?

I am comfortable with any of these. :-)

  Arnar Lundesgaard  |  Consultant
Bouvet AS, Sandakerveien 24C D11, Postboks 4430 Nydalen, N-0403 Oslo
Tlf. +47 23 40 60 00/61 22  |  Fax: +47 23 40 60 01  |  Mob: +47 98 23 80 36
http://www.bouvet.no  |  arnar.lundesgaard at bouvet.no