[Plone-IT] oh, no, ancora!

Yuri yurj a alfa.it
Mer 5 Giu 2013 07:06:18 UTC

Security vulnerability announcement: 20130611 - Multiple vectors
<http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/plonenews/%7E3/QplvNHXQ-Hc/20130611-announcement?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

CVE numbers not yet issued.

*Versions Affected:* All current Plone versions.

*Versions Not Affected:* None.

*This is a pre-announcement.* Due to the severity of some of these
issues, we are providing an advance warning of an upcoming patch. The
patch will be released on this page
<http://plone.org/products/plone-hotfix/releases/20121106> at
*2013-06-11 15:00 UTC
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Plone+security+patch+release&iso=20130611T15>*.

    What You Should Do in Advance of Patch Availability

Due to the nature of the vulnerability, the security team has decided to
pre-announce that a fix is upcoming before disclosing the details. This
is to ensure that concerned users can plan around the release.  As the
fix being published will make the details of the vulnerability public,
we are recommending that all users plan a maintenance window for the 60
minutes following the announcement in which to install the fix.

Meanwhile, we STRONGLY recommend that you take the following steps to
protect your site:

 1. Make sure that the Zope/Plone service is running with with minimum
    privileges. Ideally, the Zope and ZEO services should be able to
    write only to log and data directories.
 2. Use an intrusion detection system that monitors key system resources
    for unauthorized changes.
 3. Monitor your Zope, reverse-proxy request and system logs for unusual
    activity.

These are standard precautions that should be employed on any production
system.

      Extra Help

Should you not have in-house server administrators or a service
agreement looking after your website, you can find consulting companies
on plone.net <http://plone.net/>.

There is also free support <../../../../support> available online via
Plone mailing lists and the Plone IRC channels.

*Q: When will the patch be made available?
*A: The Plone Security Team will release the patch at 2013-06-11 15:00 UTC.

*Q. What will be involved in applying the patch?
*A. Patches are made available as tarball-style archives that may be
unpacked into the products folder of a buildout installation and as
Python packages that may be installed by editing a buildout
configuration file and running buildout. Patching is generally easy and
quick to accomplish.

*Q: How were these vulnerability found?
*A: The majority of issues were found as part of audits performed by the
Plone Security team. A subset were reported by users. More details will
be available upon release of the patch.

*Q: My site is highly visible and mission-critical. I hear the patch has
already been developed. Can I get the fix before the release date?*