[Plone-AsiaPacific] How can I use page template in Plone site document.

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Wed Jul 29 06:23:58 UTC 2009

On 29/07/2009, at 3:57 PM, Jean Jordaan wrote:

>> My requirement is that I want to show the Title and state of all the
>> Document inside plone site on a single page so that the user would
>> konw  the
>> progress of the whole site.
>
> Sounds to me like a Collection should be able to do that.
> http://plone.org/documentation/manual/plone-3-user-manual/using-collections/referencemanual-all-pages

I'd also suggest a Collection is good enough for your needs.
If you want more control over the look and feel you can create a
custom display template for collections and then apply that to your
collection using the display dropdown.

If you really really want to use your scrip then what you're looking
for is a way to put a link to your "view" into the navigation somehow.
How you do that depends on where in the nav your want it to appear.
portal_actions is good for top level tabs, and other menus. I've also
sometimes used a link object and just put the view name into the url
field. When viewed as anonymous it will automatically redirect to the
view url.
There are other ways too...