[Plone-AsiaPacific] Help to improve text search for East-Asia languages

Xavier Heymans xavier at zeapartners.org
Thu Nov 6 10:28:04 UTC 2008

Dear Takeshi,

You are coming up with interesting issues. Based on experiences
taking place in other regions of the world, a goal of Plone Asia
Pacific is to become a central point were newcomers could easily get
an overview of the activities and contacts in the region.

We have asked to get a page on Plone.org:
http://plone.org/countries/asia-pacific/

This page doesn’t aim to replace existing initiatives but provide an
overwiev and raise their visibility. For example solving issues for
East-Asia languages is a common requirement for many countries. It is
the kind of issue that is worth to highlight in such a regional group.

It could be interesting to include a page in:
http://plone.org/countries/asia-pacific/
This would provide an overview of what is being done, were to get the
info, ... The content of your email is a very good start for this.

I recently explained to Virginia and Tim how the Plone Cono Sur group
(group focusing on Spanish speaking South America) has structured
their information:
http://plone.org/countries/conosur
They will be working on an Asia Pacific version to start with. This
will take some time, as they are both busy with the Plone World Day.

Regards,

Xavier