SOMO is looking for a (freelance) Plone programmer

Edith van Overveld e.van.overveld at somo.nl
Wed Feb 2 14:36:28 UTC 2011

SOMO is looking for a (freelance) Plone programmer

SOMO is an independent, non-profit research and network organisation
working on social, ecological and economic issues related to sustainable
development. Since 1973, the organisation investigates multinational
corporations and the consequences of their activities for people and the
environment around the world. SOMO supports social organisations by
providing training, coordinating networks and generating and
disseminating knowledge on multinational corporations in a context of
international production, trade, financing and regulation.

SOMO hosts seven websites which are centrally maintained by an
installation of Plone Multi-site. The websites have a complex structure,
with many internal links and references. We are working with Plone 2.5
and in the coming months we want to make an upgrade to Plone 4.0 and
install new features on the websites. Mainly focused on the use of
social media outlets and web 2.0. Lastly, we are also developing an
Intranet and several community networks with Plone 4.0.

Until now we worked with an external Web Development Company, but to
make the work process more efficient and cost effective we prefer to
directly work with an experienced freelance programmer, supported by an
extern Web Development Company. As such, SOMO has some people available
for the front end implementation and management and for basis template
and css adjustments.

Are you:
*       An experienced Plone programmer or a python expert interested in
working with Plone?
*       Interested in working with a non-profit organisation and
supporting SOMOs' Mission?
*       Available on short term for 3 to 4 days a week in the coming
months?
*       Preferably based in The Netherlands and Dutch speaking? Outside
The Netherlands we are willing to consider.
*       Working accurately and with good communication skills?

In short term we want you to start with the installation of the
Intranet. For the longer term we will discuss the available work.

If you are interested, experienced and available please contact Edith
van Overveld before the 16th of February by email
e.van.overveld at somo.nl.

For more information visit www.somo.nl <http://www.somo.nl/>

Stichting Onderzoek Multinationale Ondernemingen
Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations

Edith van Overveld
Communication Officer
Sarphatistraat 30
1018 GL  Amsterdam
The Netherlands
T:  +31 (0)20 6391291
F:  +31 (0)20 6391321
M: +31 (0)6 18882851
E: e.van.overveld at somo.nl <blocked::mailto:e.van.overveld at somo.nl>
Skype: edith.van.overveld
Website: www.somo.nl <blocked::http://www.somo.nl/>
subscribe <http://somo.nl/news-en/newsletter1>  to the SOMO quarterly
newsletter to keep informed of SOMO news and activities.