eCampaigning in Plone

Duane Raymond, FairSay duane.raymond at fairsay.com
Thu Jan 21 13:43:23 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad Madarász has kicked this off.  He and I have just had a quick IM chat and I'd like to propose an e-campaigning-focused Sprint in Oxford, UK on 25 March 2010.  On 23-24 March I am organising the annual eCampaigning Forum (http://fairsay.com/ecf) and thus there will be lots of other campaigners and technology people around anyway.

Furthermore I just talked with Duncan Booth (at Oxfam and did Kupu and other Plone work for years) and he and Henry (both of whom are based in Oxford) are tentatively interested in attending.

I can cover the cost of sprint room(s) and WiFi is included - but before finalising this, I need to know who else is interested in attending and if anyone might want to sponsor part of it (e.g. catering during day).

Madarász also rightly mentioned the Megaphone product - which Groundwire (formerly One/Northwest) developed and was partly shaped by the eCampaigning Tool (which uses Plone/Zope 2 technologies vs Plone/Zope 3). Thus any sprint topics would partly be shaped on if the eCampaigning Tool was continued, if Megaphone was focused on or if a 'package' of the two was chosen (by all participants and interested parties) as the way forward.  (= I am not attached to the eCampaigning Tool being the focus if there is a better option for providing the same or better flexibility that is used and supported by a community).

> The issue is, that there is an existing product, which serves the needs,

> but not ready for even Plone3. It's the eCampaigning tool  <http://plone.org/products/ecampaigning-tool> , which is I

> think one of the best documented Plone products ever

I'm glad you think it is well documented :-)  Since I don't have the technical skills to develop it (even though I commissioned and directed its development - partly using client work to develop it) my main focus was to have detailed documentation on how to use it - so I wrote the documentation with what I needed to know to do what I (and clients) wanted with it.

So - the questions is: who might be interested in attending an e-campaigning focused Sprint on 25 March in Oxford UK?

Cheers,

Duane

Duane Raymond
FairSay - Making Campaigning Count
+44 (0)207 993 4200
IM: fairsay (Skype, Yahoo!, Google, MSN, Twitter)
Blog:  <http://fairsay.com/blog/?utm_source=dr&utm_medium=ems> http://fairsay.com/blog/
Bookmarks:  <http://del.icio.us/fairsay> http://del.icio.us/fairsay
Web:  <http://fairsay.com/?utm_source=dr&utm_medium=ems> http://fairsay.com/

FairSay is a ltd. company registered in England and Wales. Reg. No. 5244802