Fwd: [Plone-Users] (no subject)

Andrew Burkhalter andrewburkhalter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 17:24:52 UTC 2009

FYI...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jon Stahl <jon at onenw.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:56 AM
Subject: [Plone-Users] (no subject)
To: plone-users at lists.sourceforge.net, evangelism at lists.plone.org
Cc: Nate Aune <natea at jazkarta.com>

Dear Plone consultants:

Our friends at Idealware (http://www.idealware.org), who are perhaps the
single most credible source on technology tools in the US nonprofit
sector, are putting together what promises to be an excellent review of
popular open-source CMS platforms (Plone, Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress). It
will be very widely read and very influential. I (Jon) have been one of
their "sources of information" about Plone.

Idealware is a nonprofit, and as such, is trying a fundraising
experiment with this report. They are accepting advertising from
consulting firms specializing in one or more of these platforms.

Idealware has received strong responses from consultants in the Drupal,
Joomla and Wordpress communities. However, with a few exceptions
(including the teams here at ONE/Northwest and Jazkarta), there's been
little response from the Plone community.

While it is certainly possible to read this as an indicator of the
economic health of the Plone community (e.g, we're all so busy we don't
need to advertise!) we're a bit concerned. This report will be very
influential in the US nonprofit community (and probably well beyond).
Non-participation by the Plone community may be read by outsiders as a
sign of community weakness. That would be lame. :-)

So, we encourage all of you Plone consultants who have any interest in
serving nonprofit clients (over 10% of the US economy!), to strongly
consider taking out an ad in Idealware's upcoming report. Despite their
deadline below, it's not too late. Ads are cheap -- they start at $45.

http://www.idealware.org/os_cms_report_sponsors.php

Think of this as a very cheap way to market Plone, the Plone community
and your firm, and to demonstrate the healthy and vitality of Plone to
the nonprofit sector.

Sincerely,

Jon Stahl, ONE/Northwest
Nate Aune, Jazkarta