Grassroots Social Justice Survey

Benjamin Junge jungeb at newpaltz.edu
Sun Nov 9 19:22:20 UTC 2008

Dear Folks,

We are trying to reach representatives of U.S. and Canada-based
grassroots social justice organizations to complete a short online
survey about globalization and the Internet.  We would be grateful for
your help spreading the word!

We are academic researchers from the State University of New York-New
Paltz (a cultural anthropology professor and student), with no
political or religious affiliation.  We are interested in the
perspectives of groups and networks working on social justice issues,
including but not limited to such issues as race, ethnicity, gender,
poverty, sexuality, the environment, healthcare, homelessness,
immigration, and natural disaster.

If you represent a social movement, civil society organization,
grassroots group or network, we hope you will take a moment to
complete the survey by November 30.  Your honest input will help us
better understand how groups in the U.S. and Canada use the Internet
to connect to groups elsewhere in the world, and how they view the
causes of social inequality around the globe.  We plan to present our
findings at the World Social Forum in Belém, Brazil in January 2009.

Our survey is entirely anonymous and takes about 20 minutes to
complete.  As a token of our appreciation, we’ll enter respondents who
complete the survey by November 30 into a drawing for a gift
certificate for Amazon.com.

You can find the survey online at: http://www.newpaltz.edu/anthropology/survey.html
.  Please forward this site to an official representative of your
organization (one survey per organization).

Thank you for helping us get the word out, and please feel free to
contact us with any questions or comments.

Best wishes,

Benjamin Junge, PhD

Dept. of Anthropology/SUNY-New Paltz

http://www.newpaltz.edu/~jungeb/Index.html

jungeb at newpaltz.edu

Emily Korona

Undergraduate Student, SUNY-New Paltz

Korona59 at newpaltz.edu

---
Benjamin Junge, PhD, MHSc
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Anthropology
State University of New York-New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive, WSB 236
New Paltz, NY 12561 USA
Email: jungeb at newpaltz.edu
Website: www.newpaltz.edu/~jungeb/Index.html
Phone: (845) 257-2697 Fax (845) 257-2984
jungeb at newpaltz.edu