Job Opportunity

sisi sisi at foei.org
Thu May 22 18:02:52 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

Friends of the Earth International is hiring someone to coordinate our
(mostly plone) sites. The job description is below, and on our website
http://www.foei.org. We're currently accepting applications from
candidates within the EU. Please dissmeminate this to your networks!

Cheers,
sisi

Friends of the Earth International (FoEI) is a global network of 69
organisations campaigning on environmental and social issues.
Its international secretariat in Amsterdam is looking for a:

*web coordinator 0,8 ftu (m/f)*

The web coordinator is responsible for our overall online strategy, and
specifically for our website (www.foei.org).

The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- a vision for how we can maximize the potential of our campaigning work
through our online presence and website;
- proven experience with creating a web strategy, and maintaining a
successful website;
- strong editing skills and experience writing for the web;
- an excellent sense of design;
- strong management and facilitation skills (the web coordinator will
manage a team);
- a proven ability to work in a team, and the ability to work within
democratic decision-making processes;
- experience in working in an intercultural office, and/or in a
multicultural organization;
- an interest in following the latest developments in cyber-technology;
- an interest in environmental/social issues and an affinity with the
mission of our organization;
- fluency in English; Spanish French fluency/proficiency would be
advantageous.

When possible, FoEI uses open source software, such as Ubuntu, Open
Office and Plone.

We offer an international working environment and good secondary
benefits. Gross monthly starting salary for the position varies between
€ 3,023.- and € 3,349- on a full time basis.

Applicants are requested to send a letter and resume before
9 June to the Personnel Manager at: finance at foei.org. Interviews will be
held on 19 June.