Intranet Solution for Knowledge Management

Nynke Kruiderink NKruiderink at iicd.org
Tue Jan 22 13:03:38 UTC 2008

Hello Shilpa and all,

We are about to release our new intranet in plone 2.5 and I’m looking
forward to it.

Our employees tend to travel a lot, therefore communication between
employees is also a challenge for us. We are hoping that with the
implementation of team knowledge sharing blogs, and organizational news
items and rss feeds, that we will improve the overall communication and
learning within our organisation. We will also be providing wiki pages so
that staff can easily co-create the intranet and/or collaborate online in
content creation related to their work.

What I have not worked out in detail is the document management side of the
story. We have a network drive, which is just a wonderful example of chaos
most of the time. It’s great, and it has its worth, only what we need is a
single platform where we can find all final versions of documents, and a
single platform where we can conduct a single search for information.
Therefore I’d like the intranet to become our document management system for
final documents.

Any suggestions as to what products add-ons I should be testing for this
purpose?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Nynke