Multiplone

Edith van Overveld - SOMO e.van.overveld at somo.nl
Thu Mar 29 10:10:58 UTC 2007

Dear people,
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Edith van Overveld, I work for
SOMO. We have several websites (five) with a different CMS and at the moment
I am starting a project to convert all this sites to Plone. I am asking some
proposals to companies who work with Plone in the Netherlands.
Also Paul Roeland is giving me advise.

Because we have several websites with a lot of shared information, like news
and agenda, I am interested in using Multiplone for this project.
Now I am very interested in your experience with this.

My main questions are:
1. One company said it is a bit tricky to use Multiplone, because it is
solely designed for Oxfam, so to use it for another project would ask quit
some adoptions. What is your opinion/experience on this?
2. The conclusion of one of the companies is that it would be so much easier
and less work to make five separated websites then to make this five sites
connected by Multiplone, therefore using Multiplone for this project would
cost a lot more money. What is your opinion on this?

Furthermore I would like to hear more about your experiences and maybe some
tips & tricks on this project.
Sisi, maybe we can meet?

kind regards,
Edith

Stichting Onderzoek Multinationale Ondernemingen
Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations

Edith van Overveld
Communication Officer
Keizersgracht 132
1015 CW Amsterdam